Saturday, February 7, 2009

Aloha

I don't know how long I'll be doing this. I wanted a blog because I need to vent sometimes. Just some background, I was the Political Action Chair for Central Chapter. I was also the state PAC chair for a year. I was canned. I'm not sure why but I think it was because I did what I thought was right for the teachers I represented.
Anyway I will use this blog to address issues that I feel is important and give my opinions on it.
So for all who don't know Speaker Say has introduced a few bills that are punitive to state employees and retirees. I hope that he did this to begin a discussion but there is a need to protect our health benefits. You should know that the number one cause of bankruptcy is catastrophic health problems. This would also start a mass exodus of government employees, especially teachers.
The governor needs to begin showing some leadership. Her modus operandi of waiting things out and doing what the most people want is not going to work. She needs a plan and needs to step up and show some leadership. Also across the board cuts are an abdication of leadership. I wish I said that first.
I don't understand what is happening at HSTA. Getting rid of MBC may be a good idea but has not been done aboveboard. Why did info on elections come out so late? It seems very secretive now and it also seems that the Board is more loyal to the board than its constituents.
Any way thats all for now. I hope I can do this regularly.

Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment